When the competition is tough, you need to bring your A game to the table; doing business online, while lucrative, has numerous challenges. Marketing yourself and your brand well and attracting your ideal customer is the biggest of all. Let’s see how you can achieve that with the right images:
- Your ‘About You’ Portrait: People want to know who they’re dealing with. The person behind the business. Uploading high quality professional business headshots on your website will help build confidence and trust in the minds of your target audience. Make sure you get a reputed and experienced photographer so that you’re presented in your best. Your customers will be reassured and feel more inclined to engage with your brand. It’s not just about photographic technique. Try to find a photographer who understands business and branding. Everything you do, from your pose, clothes, expression and connection can express your brand. Your photographer should understand those nuances and the scope of your business brand.
- Photos of your products/services: You need to let your customers know what it is that you sell. If they are physical products, include high quality images of all or as many products as you can. How will your customers come to you if they don’t know exactly what it is that you sell? If sell a service, include images of the service being provided. For example, a smiling executive explaining a financial product to a prospective investor, and so on – you get the idea. Let your potential customers know what your brand and business is all about.
- Behind the Scenes: Show your target audience a sneak peek behind the scenes. Let them see you in action. How many times have you searched for behind the scene videos of your favorite TV shows or movies? It’s human nature! It also allows your customers to imaging themselves working with you, which can help them decide to hire you. Professional business photography always works wonders to attract customers.
- Your Team: Most businesses have a set of employees working in various departments, or who perform different tasks. By showcasing your team – the force behind your business – you will be able to gain the trust of your customers. It will be easy for them to know who they can approach if they have a problem regarding the products or the customer service, and so on. Professional corporate headshots of your main team members are an absolute must, if you want to steal a march on your competition.
- Your Supporting Images: Your brand is not just shown in pictures of you or your location, it is in the supporting images you show in blog posts, your website, your marketing materials. I call these “flavor” images. They highlight the flavor of your company. Many people use stock photos, but you can create custom images that really reflect your business. It brings your image up to a higher level and showcases your brand more effectively. This can include images with your branding materials, logo, team members in the background, etc.